An opportunity has arisen to join an award-winning events team as its new Operations Manager.
The right person will be responsible for event planning and coordination for trade exhibitions and conferences run by Interpoint Events, part of The Intermedia Group and work closely with the Marketing Manager, Designer and Managing Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director they will be working on a range of events including, trade exhibitions, conferences, gala awards and other projects as they arise.
This role requires:
- Previous experience in the administration & operations of events
- High level project management skills
- High level operational capability to deliver an event on time and manage multiple contractors and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience in preparing, setting and managing event budgets
- Displays high level judgement and decision-making ability
- Useful to have knowledge of the events landscape and market complexities
- A mature and independent mindset; confident to network with stakeholders at all levels – good customer relationship skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to work as part of smart, high achieving team in a very busy environment (very important) Must be able to travel and work away from home and irregular hours when required.
More about the Operations Role in Event Planning:
- Development of a critical path in terms of operations deadlines
- Produce exhibitor manuals
- Event logistics and operations including communication with venues, stand builders, audio visual and other suppliers
- Use an online registration system (Cvent) to build a registration platform, managing online registrations and manage invoicing and reconciliation. Manage registration onsite.
- Provide strategic and creative input on new event initiatives
- Administer a conference program and speaker liaison
- Work closely with external clients/partners to provide regular updates and reports on the progress of an event
- Source quotes, negotiate rates with suppliers and manage costs within event budgets
Ideally you will have:
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in trade/business-to-business events particularly large scale exhibitions
- Evidence of successful event and relationship management in a previous role
- Proven ability to handle high pressure situations
- Attention to detail, problem solving and lateral thinking skills.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and proactive approach to work
Please send through CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org