The Cairns Convention Centre has recently confirmed twelve bid wins, ten of which are international.
Cairns has won these bids against countries such as Italy, India, Ireland, Argentina and the USA, showing that with quality infrastructure and professional marketing strategies, an Australian regional destination can successfully compete for lucrative international convention business.
The Cairns Convention Centre has secured twelve recent conference bids, 10 of which are international events.
These twelve international events will bring over 8,500 delegates to Cairns between 2011 and 2014 and inject more than $43 million into the region’s economy.
Some of the recent international wins are:-
• International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry, 2013
• 16th International Symposium on Fish Nutrition and Feeding, 2014
• Nuclei in the Cosmos International Symposium on Nuclear Astrophysics, 2012
• Lattice 2012, The 30th International Symposium on Lattice Field Theory
• International Confederation of Principals, 2013
A gala dinner held in The Great Hall at the Cairns Convention Centre.
“The Centre’s long term marketing focus along with the proven success of Cairns as a business events destination have been the catalyst for confirming so many prestigious international events,” said Ross Steele, general manager, of the Centre.