Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) presented its coveted industry awards at the ICC Sydney Ballroom on Tuesday 02 May.
These awards recognised excellence in the meetings and events industry across Australia.
More than 600 industry members, colleagues and guests dressed in their most glamorous attire attended the dinner, which was held on the last day of the 2017 National Conference.
Australia, meet your winners!
- Association or Government Meeting of the Year – Associated Advertising and Promotions
- Special Event of the Year – Official Opening of Student Hub & Plaza/Launch of 50th Anniversary Celebrations
- Cause Related Event of the Year – Peter Jones Special Events for BrainBeats
- Meetings and Events Management Organisation 8 or more Employees – MCI-Group Australia
- Meetings and Events Management Organisation less than 8 Employees – Wise Connections
- In-House Meetings Management Department – Queensland Department of Education and Training Programs and Events Unit
- Meeting Venue under 500 Delegates – Crowne Plaza Terrigal
- Meeting Venue more than 500 Delegates – Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Specialty Meeting Venue – UNSW Venues & Events
- Specialty Event Venue – Star Entertainment Group
- CSR Award – MCI-Group Australia and Sydney Showground (joint winners)
- Education Award – MCI-Group Australia
- Event Management Organisation – Forum Group Events.
- Banquet and Catering – Sydney Showground
- Technical and Creative Production 8 or more Employees – Scene Change Sydney
- Technical and Creative Production – less than 8 Employees Scene Change Adelaide
- Technical and Creative Production – In-House AV Services – Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Support Services – Song Division
- Exhibition Services – Adelaide Expo Hire
- Regional Destination Marketing Organisation – Business Events Geelong
- Operations Person of the Year – Darren Southurst – Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Business Development Person of the Year – Christie Knox – Maple Event Group
- PCO of the Year – Robyn Gardner – GEMS Event Management
- Event Manager of the Year – Megan Peters – International Productions
- YMEA Future Leader – Ashleigh Taylor – CrownGroup
- Platinum Individual Winner – Christie Knox – Maple Event Group
- Platinum Company Winner – Associated Advertising and Promotions
- Outstanding Contribution Award – Nigel Collin
The night also saw new companies inducted into the MEA Hall of Fame having won the same accolade for three consecutive years:
- Scene Change Adelaide
- Adelaide Expo Hire
- Business Events Geelong
- Star Entertainment Group
All photography courtesy of Oneill Photographics.