A number of COVID-19 restrictions around gatherings and hospitality are set to ease in New South Wales from this Friday, 23 October.
From Friday, people in NSW can gather outdoors in public spaces in groups of 30, which was previously limited to 20 people.
Group bookings of up to 30 customers will also be allowed, increasing from the current maximum of 10 people per booking.
Meanwhile, as of last Friday (16 October) corporate events of up to 300 people can now be held at any appropriate premises, including at restaurants, subject to a COVID-safe plan.
This was previously limited to function centres only.
Looking ahead, from 1 December, the number of people who can attend weddings will be increased to 300 people, subject to the four square metre rule indoors and two square metre rule outdoors.
On the new rules, NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian said the government remains focused on opening up the economy in a COVID-safe way.
“These changes will provide a big boost to our hospitality venues,” she said.
“As we ease restrictions and find new ways to get businesses moving it is vital that customers and venues continue to be COVID-safe.”
NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant urged people to continue following personal hygiene recommendations, maintain physical distancing and wear masks in indoor settings where you cannot physically distance.
“As we ease restrictions, we all need to maintain COVID-safe behaviours and practices,” she said.