Applications opened yesterday for GC2018 volunteer positions.
More than 15,000 volunteers are required and will play a crucial role in shaping the games experience for athletes, officials and spectators from 4 – 15 April 2018.
Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) Chairman, Peter Beattie AC, called upon Queenslanders from all walks of life to put their hand up and volunteer for the Games.
“Queensland has a proud tradition of volunteering and helping out,” Beattie said.
“Week in week out, from dawn to dusk volunteer surf lifesavers patrol the Gold Coast beaches, thousands joined the mud army to clean up the 2011 Brisbane floods and volunteers help out to deliver major events like the Gold Coast Marathon.
“This is the chance for Queenslanders and especially Gold Coasters to get involved with the Games and really become ambassadors for this great state,” he said.
Volunteers will receive training and learn new skills as part of the process. Specialist training for GC2018 will be provided by TAFE Queensland at no cost to Games volunteers.
Criteria and application information below:
• Applicants need to be available during the Games from 4 – 15 April 2018
• Be 16 years or over at the time of application
• Apply online via gc2018.com/volunteer
• The application process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
• The majority of volunteer roles are based on the Gold Coast
• Volunteers will receive a uniform, training and public transport during the Games
• Volunteers must have their own accommodation during the Games
• Volunteer shifts will be from 6 – 10 hours with meal breaks included