South African property development company Kerzner International Holdings Limited will take over the management of Hayman Island and oversee a multimillion dollar redevelopment that will be unveiled in April 2014. Despite rumours to the contrary, Mulpha Australia will still retain full ownership.
An artist’s impression of the refurbished interiors
Mulpha Australia’s Executive Chairman Seng Huang Lee said, “Hayman has long been acclaimed as an iconic Australian resort and Kerzner is the perfect partner to herald in a new era for the resort under their One&Only brand, The transformational refurbishment combined with One&Only’s innovation and commitment to delivering an extraordinary level of service will redefine resort luxury in Australia.”
The new-look Hayman suites that will be unveiled in 2014
Upgrades to the property include:
- Addition of one and two bedroom suits to The Pool Wing
- Refurbishment of all Hayman rooms and suites
- Addition of cabanas and day beds to the pool area
- Direct pool access from selected private terraces
- The launch of the One&Only Health Spa and an adjacent beauty salon
- The addition of a state-of-the-art fitness centre with expert personal training
- The addition of an adults-only pool and chill-out lounge area
- As part of the ongoing development and investment programme, Mulpha Australia will continue a staged rollout of the ultra-luxury Hayman Private Residences and Hayman Marina Residences offering private ownership opportunities for select clients and guests.