Australia’s closest international neighbour is ramping up its efforts to attract MICE business. Read on for everything you need to know about this emerging destination.
– No jetlag: There’s no time difference between East Coast Australia and New Caledonia
– You can buy French wine and cheese that you can’t get in Australia
– Beer is cheaper in New Caledonia than it is in Australia
– New Caledonia is the closest French speaking country to Australia so it’s a great place for Francophiles to practice their language skills
– It’s only a 2.5 hour flight from Sydney
– W-class ticketing is now available on Air Cailin codeshare with Qantas
– Air Cailin will launch 3 x weekly flights ex-Melbourne on June 6, 2014
– The new-build Sheraton opens on July 4, 2014
– New Caledonia is Australia’s first foreign neighbour
– Noumea is considered the ‘French Riviera’ of the South Pacific
– The rebranded and refurbished Hilton opened in November 2013
– New Caledonia has the world’s biggest UNESCO World Heritage listed lagoon
– Nerd alert! New Caledonia has 70 endemic plant species
– A new trade website for travel agents will launch on April 12. Stay tuned.