Tourism Australia and a delegation of 13 partners from the Australian business events industry are at the 2013 China Incentive, Business Travel and Meeting (CIBTM) Exhibition that kicked off in Beijing yesterday.
Penny Lion from Tourism Australia’s business events team
Highlighting Australia’s ongoing investment in business events infrastructure and services is a key focus for the delegation, including the redevelopment of Sydney’s Darling Harbour precinct which will be home to Australia’s largest convention and exhibition facility when it opens in 2016.
Head of Business Events Australia Penny Lion said, “Incentive trips and corporate meetings have distinct needs that influence the choice of a destination. Australia is well placed to deliver in both respects.
“In addition to infrastructure and service features, Australia’s core strengths as an international business destination include capability for innovative team building and for delivering creative events.
“We are providing exclusive experiences for groups and in some instances are offering reward activities that have never been attempted before, as was the case with the record-breaking BridgeClimb that took place as part of the recent Perfect China incentive trip in Sydney.
“With these once in a lifetime experiences, it is easy to revitalise your business team in Australia, enhance team cohesion and increase employee or member loyalty. This is a significant point of difference for our destination and places Australia in a good strong position for working with China.”
Key focus points for the delegation are as follows:
The launch of the new Tourism Australia China website
- The Perfect China incentive program that was held in Sydney recently
- The Herbalife leadership vacation case study
- The ‘great’ golf courses of Australia
- An update on Sydney’s conferencing facilities
- The G20 Leaders summit at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in November 2014
- A Melbourne update including a Dreamtime 2013 briefing
- An aviation update including China Southern’s launch of a daily A380 service between Sydney and Guangzhou on 28 October, 2013