Anantara Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa opens this week, bumping the Middle Eastern tally for the rapidly expanding luxury group up to four.
A further two resorts will be added to the portfolio by early 2014, including the first property in Qatar, which represents a new country of operation.
Dillip Rajakarier, CEO of Minor Hotel Group, Anantara’s owning company, said, “We are very excited to open our first Anantara in Dubai, a key strategic location for the brand. This is the fourth addition to Anantara’s portfolio so far this year, with a further three properties to be added before the end of the year, including in two new countries, Cambodia and Mozambique. We are especially excited about our continued expansion in the Middle East region, which is a key area of focus both for Anantara and other brands within Minor Hotel Group.”
Located on the eastern crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, a manmade island dubbed the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’, the new resort is a 45 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Key features of the property are:
- 293 guest rooms, suites and pool villas
- The Middle East’s first over water villas
- 400 metre long private beach
- Three lagoon pools
- 50-metre shoreline infinity pool
- Outdoor activities including kayaking, wake boarding, paddle boarding, diving, snorkelling
- Two gyms and two tennis courts
- A teens club, Chill and Tuk Tuk Kids Club
- Floating market-style boats that serve cocktails on the lagoon
- Three wheeler tuk-tuks transport guests around the resort
- Six restaurants and bars
- Dining by Design concept includes a choice of fine dining menus and intimate settings, a private chef and flawless service.
- Anantara Spa with 16 luxurious treatment suites
- Indoor meeting and event venues with flexible layout options, as well as outdoor spaces with views