High-end gym Chocolate Box Fitness has teamed up with incentive experts World Corporate Travel to come up with a range of activities for their loyal members.
World Corporate Travel managing director Gary Bender says,“In 2016 Chocolate Box Training approached us to help them to execute a series of incentive programs for their gym members. Many members are busy corporates that want to stay fit, train hard, travel and compete with fellow members of the gym.
“We put together the travel logistics and Chocolate Box Training compose the training programs and onsite support to take the stress out of the trip for participants. This means they can focus on completing their goal.”
Chocolate Box training has a fairly different offering to your average gym. This Sydney-based business has a fully-equipped gym, boxing ring, yoga studio, weights room, functional fitness and strength area, group training, triathlon and cycling training centre, as well as in-house massage and manual therapist.
Their training philosophy is: ‘Earn it. Word Hard. Embrace the process and enjoy the rewards. Because everything is that much sweeter when you’ve earned it.’
In order to motivate their clients, they decided to offer a series of ‘experiences of a lifetime’. “We will will get you fit and ready for the ultimate travel adventures. While you train we will look after all of the travel and logistics. You will succeed with training and goals when you have an amazing destination to travel to and a definitive date at which you have to perform.”
In order to meet this brief, the following programs were designed:
- Thailand (Nov 2016): Attendees trained to complete in Ironman 70.3, a first for many in the group.
- Papua New Guinea (Jul 2017): Members walked the historical Kokoda Trek with expert guides and being housed in local villages along the way.
- Sri Lanka (February 2018): Attendees will train to complete the first ever Ironman 70.3 in Sri Lanka composing of a 1.9km swim at the historic Galle Face, a 90km cycle through the Port of Colombo and a 21km run past some of Colombo’s most historical landmarks.
- Nepal (May & October 2018): Groups will journey to Mount Everest base camp together walking in the footprints of all who have failed or conquered the highest mountain in the world.
These incentive programs are used to drive the following:
- New memberships
- Loyalty and commitment to the gym from members
- Member engagement including support from other members not participating in the programs but still getting involved with some of the training)
- Physical health – participants getting fitter and stronger.
- Team work – groups all train and travel together so great team environment. No one wants to let the team down.
- Increased merchandise sales of the gyms logo and branding
- Increased awareness of the not so privileged by supporting local charities of the programs destinations.
Chocolate Box Training promotes these unique incentive programs to maximise their client interactions and help members to reach a variety of fitness goals.
World Corporate Travel’s involvement currently includes:
- Destination and venue research
- Itinerary planning
- Management of both group & individual travel requests
- Coordination of special travel requirements (such as traveling with sporting equipment)
- Registration management
- Booking ground transfers
- Organising program enhancements including day tours or a well-earned dinner after completing the challenge
- Issuing travel insurance