Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) has today launched a new social media competition for visitors to AIME.
Participants are encouraged to get inspired and upload what they have uncovered in Melbourne, and demonstrate this in a creative way on social media.
During AIME there will be ample opportunities to discover all that Melbourne has to offer as a business events destination, especially as part of the Uncover Melbourne program developed by MCB, including City Touring Experiences, The Magic of Flemington Hosted Buyer Welcome, The Charm of the Yarra Breakfast, Melbourne Edge Event Series or AIME Welcome Event.
Prizes will be awarded throughout AIME for the most creative entries. To be eligible to win entries need to include the #UncoverMelbourne hashtag and entrants must have a public profile.
Entries will be digitally displayed on the Melbourne Stand thanks to MCB partner, Enplug. Large screens set up at the entrance of the Melbourne Stand will feature a live stream of entries, as well as other social media content uploaded by hosted buyers and visitors during AIME.
Director of SDP Media, Sam D’Agostino, has provided the following tips for taking likeable photos:
• Find the light – make sure the subject is facing a light source, as opposed to the light coming from behind. This will provide a better quality photo. Lighter images are statistically more likable than darker images.
• Keep it simple – have one subject as the focus and keep it simple.
• Focus – make sure a photo is in focus and don’t use the front camera on a phone to take the image. Tap the screen on your phone where you want the camera to focus and it will adjust the cameras focus.
• Create shareable images – take photos that your audience will want share and that tell a story.
• Tone and texture – play around with textures and colours. One dominant colour helps the image stand out (blue is a winner) and textures create a more interesting image.
• Captions – your caption is as important as your picture. Tell us the story and keep it short, sharp and concise.
• Have fun – experiment, try new things and most importantly have fun with it.
The competition closes on 24 February 2017. Entries will be accepted on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
All AIME attendees are encouraged to follow Melbourne Convention Bureau on Instagram @Melbourneconventionbureau and Twitter @Melbconventions.