DESIGNED BY INDUSTRY FOR INDUSTRY
Developed after consultation with over 100 Australian event managers, it is intended to enhance the career prospects of its attendees by growing their abilities to successfully respond to the many demands and challenges of event management.
FAST TRACK YOUR EVENT MANAGEMENT CAREER
Past graduates of this program have secured positions, or been successful in advancing their careers as: corporate in-house event managers; festival organisers; conference/meeting planners; charity event coordinators; parade directors; wedding planners; special event organisers; government event planners/ coordinators; sport event managers; hotel/resort/ cruise ship based event coordinators; and exhibition organisers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In 4 days of practical training, delivered by industry experts, you’ll cover the event management life cycle from concept development through to planning, implementation, shutdown and evaluation.
- Event planning – concepts and theming and how to find the right venue
- Suppliers – how to select and manage them
- Event control – how to keep your event on track
- Working within a budget – costings and budget plans
- Green and eco-friendly events – incorporating sustainability
- Event sponsorship – who to ask and how to get it
- Publicity and media – how to get noticed
- Event implementation – using Gantt charts, run sheets and an event manual
- Logistics – managing event suppliers and event flow
- Entertainment – managing performers, stages and audio
- Risk management – identifying, analysing and evaluating risks
- When things go wrong –contingency plans and event shutdowns
The Australian Centre of Event Management, University of Technology Sydney, is proud to announce the Executive Certificate in Event Management course dates for 2017:
7-10 March 2017
19-22 September 2017
28-31 March 2017
GOLD COAST – 16-19 May 2017
ADELAIDE – 5-8 September 2017
CANBERRA – 2-5 May 2017
20-23 June 2017
21-24 November 2017
Registrations are now open. Enrol now to avoid disappointment as places are limited.
To learn more about the course and our other offerings please