Last night’s Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) awards named Danielle Small from Crowne Plaza Terrigal the best Meetings and Events Employee in the state.
The awards also honoured employees from other hotel operation areas, as well as the state’s best hotels.
Conference hotel of the year went to Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley in the regional category and The Westin Sydney in the metropolitan category. Function venue of the year went to Intercontinental Sydney Double Bay.
The rest of this year’s Award for Excellence hotels are listed below:
- Sydney Deluxe Hotel of the Year: The Langham, Sydney
- Regional Deluxe Hotel of the Year: Lilianfels Resort and Spa, Blue Mountains
- Regional Superior Hotel of the Year: Echoes Boutique Hotel and Restaurant
- Sydney Superior Hotel of the Year: Mercure Hotel, Sydney
- Mid-Range Hotel of the Year: Atura Albury
- Apartment/Suite Hotel of the Year: Fraser Suites, Sydney
- Redeveloped Hotel of the Year: Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Health Club and Spa Facilities of the Year: Chi, The Spa, Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Bar of the Year Regional Hotels: Roadhouse Bar, Atura Albury
- Bar of the Year Metropolitan Hotels: Black, The Star
- Brasserie/Café of the Year: Roadhouse Bar and Grill, Atura Albury
- Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year (Mid-Range – Superior Hotels): Abode Bistro, Park Royal Darling Harbour
- Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): The Dining Room, Park Hyatt, Sydney and Jonah’s Restaurant and Boutique Hotel
- Regional Restaurant of the Year: Darley’s Restaurant, Lilianfels Resort and Spa, Blue Mountains
- Workplace Health and Safety Hotel of the Year: InterContinental, Sydney
- Best Environmental Practices, Regional Hotels: Emirates One and Only, Wolgan Valley
- Best Environmental Practices, Metropolitan Hotels: Mercure Hotel, Sydney
- Outstanding Community Service and Achievement: The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
- Outstanding Achievement in Training: Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel