Spice caught up with Stevan Premutico from online booking site Dimmi to talk about the five things that should be on every restaurateur’s ‘To Do’ list.
1. Get on Instagram: There are 300 million monthly active users but only 7% of Aussie restaurants are using this as a way to engage with existing customers and attract new diners.
2. Connect to critical booking channels: This is the year to connect the best restaurants with the best diners through the channels that matter most. Exposing yourself to broader booking networks such as Qantas, Tripadvisor, Urbanspoon and Yelp will broaden exposure and put more bums on seats, more often. The Dimmi reservation system is connected to these channels and generates bookings directly from them.
3. Ditch the pen and paper diary: It’s time to move from the analogue world into a digital one which means replacing the pen and paper diary with an online diary.
4. Mobile website: 42% of all restaurant searches in Australia are now originating from mobile devices. If you don’t have a mobile friendly website, you are missing out on bookings.
5. Guest recognition matters: Master it. Learn what your customers like, what they don’t like, where they work, what their kids names are – learn as much as possible. These things matter. Don’t underestimate them.