The inaugural Dog Lovers Show took out the Best Consumer Show under 10,000M2, proving that innovation is the sweet spot in the exhibition market.
This award was announced to 300 guests, along with the winners of the fifteen other categories and the President’s Awards and Young Achiever Award at a gala event at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre on Tuesday night.
Hosted by James O’Loghlin, the EEAA Awards recognise outstanding achievement within the industry and were judged by 35 independent judges. The awards were open to venues, suppliers and organisers.
The 2013 EEAA Award winners
The inaugural Dog Lovers Show was a celebration of the friendship and unconditional love that we share with our ‘best friends’. Over six hundred dogs of all breeds were on show across a wide range of features including a Breed Showcase, Rescue Zone, Main Arena, Educational Seminar Theatre, Puppy School and Centre Stage.
The judge said of The Dog Lovers Show: “The Dog Lovers show presented a well executed case for the event from the proposition, the marketing and sales strategy through to the visitor and exhibitor evaluation and connected all the dots along the way. As an inaugural show the organisers carried out comprehensive research to ensure the success of the show, pre, during and post the event. They engaged stakeholders early and implemented a well thought out strategy to achieve the identified key outcomes. A well-presented submission. EMI noticed a gap in the market, undertook extensive research and developed a business plan to oversee the creation of this new event. This effort certainly paid off. The show concept is in reality fairly simple as it attracts highly emotive attendees who are willing to spend. “Hats Off” as it is a clever new show that looks to have been well executed.”
Full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Consumer Show over 10,000M2 – Good Food & Wine Show, Melbourne – Diversified Exhibitions Australia
- Best Trade Show over 10,000M2 – Australasian Oil & Gas – Diversified Exhibitions Australia
- Best Supplier Team – Harry the Hirer Team for Sydney International Boat Show
- Best Venue Team – Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre Team
- Best New Product – eventSuite V2 – Event Solutions NZ
- Best Green Initiative – Reed Exhibitions Sustainability – Reed Exhibitions Australia
- Most Outstanding Marketing Campaign – Trade – Australian Fitness & Health Expo – Diversified Exhibitions Australia
- Most Outstanding Marketing Campaign – Consumer – Build and Renovating Expo – Informa Exhibitions
- Best Consumer Show under 10,000M2 – Dog Lovers Show – Event Management International
- Best Trade Show under 10,000M2 – BuildNZ I Designex – XPO Exhibitions
- Best Custom Stand – Belaz Stand at AIMEX – ExpoNet
- Best Show Team – Australian Fitness & Health Expo Team – Diversified Exhibitions Australia
- Best New Show – Dog Lovers Show – Event Management International
- The Best Australian Show Award went to – Good Food & Wine Show, Melbourne – Diversified Exhibition.
- The Best New Zealand Show was awarded to BuildNZ I Designex – entered by XPO Exhibitions.