For the first time Meetings & Events Australia is pleased to announce that the Executive Certificate in Meetings & Events Management will be held in Western Australia in June 2010.
This intensive training program attracts attendees from across Australia and is designed for those who have between one and three years meetings industry work experience and who need an intensive training experience to move them further along that elusive path.
The Program is structured for the two main career paths within the industry – Meetings Management and Sales and Marketing. Sales and Marketing personnel will be given the option to attend either the full program or the one day sales and marketing program. This single day will cover planning, selling, marketing and promotion within the industry. Those attending the full program will hear from a number of exceptional and successful industry speakers. The 3.5 day program is packed with presentations and group work.
Those wanting to attend the Meetings Management stream will be offered the following topics:
• Event Site Selection and Negotiation
• The Do’s and Don’ts of Conference Programs
• Managing Risk – Insurance Matters!
• Designing Your Special Event
• Industry Update
• Planning the Project – Developing a Critical Path
• Managing Your Budget
• An Introduction to Exhibitions
• The Basics of Audio-Visual Technology
• Events Staging for All Seasons and Reasons
• Understanding Conference Catering
• Sponsorship and Where it is Headed
Those wanting to attend the Sales and Marketing stream will be offered the following topics:
• Planning your Sales Strategy
• Selling your Product – From Call to Closure
• Marketing in the e-Business World
• Making Promotional Activities Work for You
• Industry Update
The full 3.5 day program earns 60 MEA PD points towards Industry Accreditation and/or Associate-Fellow status. The 1 day Sales & Marketing Program earns 21 points. For more details visit the MEA website now by clicking here.